Yoga before bed helps to prepare for rest, improve digestion and relieve fatigue. A few evening yoga exercises can be beneficial for your health.
Sleep exercises can be divided into three types:
- Breathing exercises and fatigue relief
- Flexibility exercises
All movements should be comfortable and enjoyable. It is good to do yoga before going to bed with calm music, with concentration on movements.
During daytime work, the thoracic region is often pinched. To reveal it, yoga before going to bed suggests taking the pose of a warrior (Virabhadrasana). Lunge deeply with one leg forward, back straight, arms extended upward, or repeating leg position.
The dog pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana) provides blood flow to the head, relieves fatigue. Feet are on the floor; hands are also on the floor far in front of the legs. The body forms an angle, the knees and elbows are straight, the head is lowered. An alternative option for the more trained is the headstand (Sirshasana).
If your legs are tired, it is good to lie down for a few minutes with your legs up against the wall and your toes extended. In this case, the body should be located as close to the wall as possible, you should be comfortable.
Breathing yoga techniques allow you to relax the body before going to bed and free the mind from routine thoughts and worries.
Yoga before bed suggests to devote 10 minutes. stretching exercises. During classes, listen to yourself, do the exercises at your own pace, do not go beyond a comfortable state. Make sure you have got safegrip for better gripping. Before going to bed, it is useful to perform several asanas: the
- Cobra pose (Bhujangasana) – from a prone position, you need to stretch your body and rest your palms on the floor. Then slowly raise your head, throwing it back as far as possible;
- The bow pose (Dhanurasana) also begins with a prone position. Bend your knees and raise them, grab your feet behind your back with your hands
- Butterfly pose (Baddha Konasana). Sit on the floor with your bent knees up to your chest. Now spread your knees in different directions and try to touch the floor, while the feet remain in place. Lean forward and touch the floor with your elbows or chest.
- Twisting is carried out from a sitting position in Turkish: legs are crossed in front of you. Fix your left hand on your right knee, and take your right back. Turn your body to the left and look at your back. Return to starting position and repeat the turn to the other side.
Relaxation and yoga before bed
A very important final part of yoga before bed is the corpse pose (Shavasana). Lie on your back with your arms extended along your body, palms up. Calm your breathing, feel the tension leave the body with each exhalation. Imagine a relaxing environment: green grass in a meadow, calm sea (CrossFit on the sea). Relax before bed, release tension from every muscle, every cell of your body.
Evening yoga helps you fall asleep and promotes proper rest. After such a dream, you will be awake, you will be provided with a blooming appearance and a clear mind. Bedtime yoga is suitable for people of all ages.